Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Banana Nut Brownie Bites Courtesy of Jackie Morgan

I saw Jackie talking about these on Facebook awhile back and thought they sounded great. She was kind enough to share the recipe with me. If you want to check out her fantastic blog please visit Literary Escapism

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

1 pkg brownie mix + ingredients for cake-like brownies
2 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Chop the peanuts using a food chopper.
In a bowl, mix together the bananas, oil, eggs and water (which is required for the brownie mix). Mix (or blend) until everything is smooth and then add the brownie mix. Mix (or blend) until everything is smooth again and then mix in the peanuts.

Spoon out the batter into the mini-muffin pan until each slot is 3/4 full.
Bake for 13 minutes.

Yield: about 6 dozen brownie bites

Variation: Substitute pretzels for the bananas. I haven’t tried this yet, but I am so going to.

We made these yesterday and they are delicious! I will be making the prezel variety today to see how these turn out. My family loved these and I also like the size as they are perfect for my little ones to snack on. An, a lot less messy than a regular brownie. Yummy!

1 comments:

Jackie (Literary Escapism) said...

Have you tried making it with pretzels yet? I did a week or so ago and it didn't come out all that well. It worked, but the pretzels were a little mushy in the brownie mix, not crunchy like I was hoping. It kind of makes sense, but I want to figure out a way to get the pretzels to stay crunchy. :)