Monday, June 29, 2009

Butter Chicken Courtesy of Author Candace Havens





I was lucky enough to get Candace to agree to submit a recipe to my blog.



It was hard for me to come up with my favorite recipe because I have so many. To be honest I only learned to love cooking in the last few years. I’ve done it for many, many years, but didn’t enjoy it until Rachael Ray and Paula Deen invaded my life. After meeting them, I realized what I was missing out on. So here is one of my favorites, that the whole family enjoys.

I searched for some Butter Chicken recipes after having Indian food with my agent Elaine Spencer. It took me awhile but I found just the right combination of ingredients and I love it. It’s a really easy dish to put together.

Butter Chicken
1/2 stick of butter
1 onion
1 tablespoon Cinnamon
2 tsps crushed garlic
2 tsps crushed ginger
1/2 tsp ground tumeric
2 tsps chili powder
5 chicken breasts (Cubed or bite size)
8 oz tomato sauce
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1cup unsweetened yogurt, or heavy cream, or sour cream depending on flavor you like (I’ve used them all)
Brown rice or broad egg noodles

Melt butter in large frying pan on low heat with cinnamon. Chop onion and add to pan. While onion is cooking, you want it to be almost clear but not brown, get your rice or noodles ready depending on what the package says. When the onions are soft, add all of the remaining spices and let them warm in the middle of the pan before you stir. Add your cubed chicken and cook until the chicken turns white on med-high heat. Once the chicken is white, lower heat and add the tomato sauce and paste, and stir. Cook on low heat with lid, for 25-30 minutes. Then slowly add yogurt (or cream, or sour cream) and cook through (about two minutes). Serve on the rice or noodles. Not only is this dish delicious, it makes your house smell amazing and people will think you’ve been cooking all day!

About the Author:


Candace "Candy" Havens is a best selling and award-winning author. Her novels include "Charmed & Dangerous", "Charmed & Ready", "Charmed & Deadly", "Like A Charm" and "The Demon King and I". She is known for writing strong female characters, who save the world, but aren't exactly perfect. She is a two-time RITA, Write Touch Reader and Holt Medallion finalist. She is also the winner of the Barbara Wilson award.

Candy is a nationally syndicated entertainment columnist for FYI Television. A veteran journalist she has interviewed just about everyone in Hollywood from George Clooney and Orlando Bloom to Nicole Kidman and Kate Beckinsale. You can hear Candy weekly on 96.3 KSCS in the Dallas Fort Worth Area.

Her popular online Writer's Workshop has more than 1000 students and provides free classes to professional and aspiring writers.

For more information on this author or her books visit www.candacehavens.com
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments: